Our 2017 Kanoe The Kazoo Event
We are pleased to announce this year’s Four Township Kanoe the Kazoo Paddle, to be held on Upper Crooked Lake, Delton. This event will be co-sponsored by FTWRC and the Prairieville Township Park Board.
When: Saturday June 3rd, 2017
– Gather at 3:00pm
– Launch onto the Lake at 4:00pm
– Float for about one and a half hours, circling Upper Crooked Lake
– Bring your own craft (canoe, kayak, etc.), and your own personal flotation devices
Where: Upper Crooked Lake
– Launch from the public access on Delton Road
– Participant parking at the Bernard Historical Museum, 500’ to the east
Enjoy a late afternoon paddle on Upper Crooked Lake, and learn more about the first dedicated boat wash station in Southwest Michigan. Natural history education will be provided by local experts:
- Steve Hamilton: Professor of Ecosystem Ecology & Biogeochemistry at KBS; president of the Kalamazoo River Watershed Council.
- Ken Kornheiser: Founding member of the FTWRC. Dedicated paddler and life-long amateur naturalist.
- Steve Allen: Owner of a local environmental consulting firm. Former long-time naturalist with the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
Please note: It is required that all vessels entering and leaving Upper Crooked Lake use the boat wash station, in order to reduce movement of Aquatic Invasive Species. This does include everyone participating in this paddle.
2017 Annual Meeting
The 2017 FTWRC Annual Meeting is scheduled for Monday evening, May 1, at 7:00PM. We’ll be holding it in the KBS Auditorium. We’ll have some very interesting speakers from the Michigan DEQ and the Gull Lake Quality Organization.
As always, the public is encouraged to attend and participate!
Draft Watershed Management Plan Update: Four Township Watershed Area
The Four Township Water Resource Council is seeking public comment on the draft Watershed Management Plan. The plan is being updated with new information about water resource concerns and pollution control projects. Please submit comments no later than Friday, March 10, 2017 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1523 Riverview Drive, Suite A, Kalamazoo MI 49004. If you have questions, please call (269) 978-4606.
Download the DRAFT Watershed Management Plan for review.
Matching Donations Through Benevity
NEW FOR 2017: Four Township Water Resources Council has signed up the Benevity Causes Portal as an approved and registered non-profit cause. If your workplace matching gifts program is through Benevity, you can donate and match to FTWRC online!
Next FTWRC Meeting
The next Four Township Water Resource Council meeting is scheduled for March 6, 2017, at 7:00PM, in Room 145 of the Educational Building at the W. K. Kellogg Biological Station [maps]
The public is encouraged to come and participate.